Welcome and thanks for signing up for Plastiq! This is a quick guide on how to get started with us and what you’ll need to pay your first bill or invoice with your favorite card on Plastiq.
1. Tell us who you are paying by adding the recipient to your account. You can search for the person or business in our system or add your own by providing address and account information.
NOTE: If you select a recipient in our system, they will be funded by ACH/EFT (electronic bank transfer) in 2-3 business days. If your recipient is manually added, they will be funded by check in 5-7 business days.
2. Save the recipient to your account and click “Start Your Payment” to submit a one-time or scheduled payment.
3. Enter the amount you would like to send your recipient.
4. Then select the date you would like your payment to arrive on and the frequency (if this payment repeats). Please note the dates shown are the earliest dates your payment can be delivered by, depending on how your recipient is funded (check, ACH, etc).
NOTE: Recipient address and funding details can be found on the left.
5. Click “Next: Payment Details”.
6. On the Payment Details screen, enter any information that will help the business credit the payment to your account. This could be your name, account number, phone number and/or memo.
7. Add your favorite card to your account. Once validated, it will be saved to your account where you can add, edit and/or delete at any time.
8. When you click continue, you will be taken to payment review where you can view all details regarding your payment.
9. Click “Submit”. After, you will see confirmation of your payment as well as receiving an email confirmation.