With Plastiq, you have the ability to make a one-time payment or schedule a series of payments for delivery in the future. Below is a guide on how to make a single payment.
1) Start a Payment
- Click on "Start a Payment" at the top of the screen.
- If you have added a recipient to your account, select the recipient in the list and click “Start Your Payment”. If you haven't added a recipient yet, select “Add New Recipient” and complete the steps.
2) Enter the Payment Amount and Delivery Date
- Enter the amount you would like to send your recipient.
- Next, select the date you would like your payment to arrive on. The dates shown are the earliest dates your payment can be delivered by, depending on how your recipient is funded (check, bank transfer, etc). If your payment is eligible for expedited delivery, those dates will be shown with expedited delivery fees below the date.
- Choose how often this payment should repeat. You can select one-time, weekly, monthly or yearly.
3) Provide Payment Details
- On the Payment Details screen, enter any information that will help the business credit the payment to your account. This can be your name, account number, phone number and/or memo (on a check).
- Add your preferred card to your account. Once validated, it will be saved to your Card Drawer where you can edit and/or delete it at any time.
5) Review Your Payment
- Click "continue." You will be taken to payment review where you can view all of your payment's details.
On the right side of the screen, you’ll see the "Total Fee". Click the blue highlighted amount for an itemized fee breakdown.
- Should you need to update any information, click “Edit” next to the section. To review the Plastiq fee, click “Total Fee” and you will see a line-item breakdown.
- Click “Submit.” You will see confirmation of your payment and receive an email confirmation shortly after.