Once you have completed our account verification process, you can use Plastiq to send money faster using ACH (US electronic bank transfer), U.S. domestic and International wire transfer payments or expedited checks (available only in the U.S.)
How do I verify my account?
- Visit the “Account Settings” page by clicking the account icon in the upper right portion, once signed into your Plastiq account.
- Once you’re on the “Account Settings” page, click any of the “Unconfirmed” buttons on this page near “Phone Number” or “Legal Identity.”
- To begin, we will need to verify your phone number. To do this, you will need to enter a 4-digit code. You may receive the code via phone call or text message (standard messaging rates may apply).
- Prior to the code being sent via text or phone call, please review and confirm your information, including your legal name and phone number.
- Your first and last name provided should be the same as those in legal documents, including identification.
- If any of the information is incorrect, please update it in this section.
- When all information is accurate, click the blue button to confirm your phone number.
- Next, enter the 4-digit code that is sent through text or call.
- Within a few minutes, you will see a green check confirming that your account has been verified.
- In some cases, we cannot validate the information provided and will need more information. If requested, please provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. For security purposes, this information is stored with 256-bit encryption and is not used for credit reports of any kind.
- In some cases, your account may require manual review. For more information regarding this, please read “What is the manual review process?” below.
What is the manual review process?
If we cannot confirm your account with the information provided, you have the option to work with our Member Services team for manual review. Follow these steps:
- For manual review, you will need to have images of these required documents ready to upload:
Government-issued identification - Passport, Driver’s License, Permanent Resident Card, State- or Federal-Issued ID.
A photo of you with your ID - Take a photo of you holding the government-issued ID. This must include your entire face.
- Select “Request Manual Review”.
- Enter your email, phone number, and legal first and last name.
- In order to verify your account manually, you need to have a payment card on file. If you have not done so, the card drawer will open and you will have a chance to save your card information without leaving this screen.
- Then upload the documents listed above. Please note, once the documents are uploaded, they cannot be changed or edited.
- After you submit your information, they will need to be reviewed. Our team will respond via email within 2 business days.
What happens after my account is verified?
A verified account has access to send payments via any method you prefer: ACH (US electronic bank transfer), US domestic wire, International wire or expedited check. Please read the associated articles for the process and note you will need the electronic transfer information for a recipient you will pay.
Why do I need to do this?
Plastiq is required to collect this information, by law, in order to process payments by ACH or wire.
What does Plastiq do with the information?
Plastiq stores this information and is used for account verification purposes.