Plastiq is committed to the highest standard of security when it comes to protecting your account and your payment information.
Your Plastiq account comes with a 2-Step Authentication (2-SA) security feature that can be enabled within your Account Settings section. This feature is optional but highly recommended: 2-Step Authentication is one of the best methods available for preventing unauthorized users from using your account.
This feature is currently available to phone numbers based in the United States.
Create a Security PIN
To setup 2-SA, you will need to create a unique 4 digit Security PIN. We recommend that your PIN not reference any birthdays, anniversaries, or social security numbers.
- Click on the person icon in the top right corner and click Security.
- Click Set a Security PIN.
- Enter a unique 4 digit number that you can easily remember.
- Click Save Your Security PIN.
Enable 2-Step Authentication
Once your PIN is set, toggle the 2-Step Authentication switch to "ON". Before we can enable this feature, we'll need to confirm your phone number.
- Click Let's Get Started.
- Select how you would like to receive the authentication code — via a text message or phone call.
- Enter your personal information. Please use your legal name and an active phone number. Please note that we can only confirm phone numbers based in the United States.
- You will receive an authentication code via the method of your choosing. Enter it on the screen and click Confirm Code. This is 6 digit authentication code is NOT the same as your security PIN.
- Once your phone number is verified, you will see the 2-Step Authentication switch display "ON".
Sign in Using 2-SA
The next time you sign in using your email and password, you will be prompted to enter the 6 digit authentication code sent to your phone.
If you don't have access to your phone at the time of sign-in, you will need to use your 4 digit security PIN to access the account. Under Continue, click More Ways to Log In. Then, you'll be presented with options: you can either have the code texted to you again or enter your PIN.
If you experience difficulty signing in with 2-Step Authentication, or do not remember your security PIN, please reach out to us here.