Once the Plastiq is enabled with your ADP RUN account, your payroll will be funded with the credit card you've added to your Plastiq account. Here’s how it works:
- Process payroll as usual within ADP by 4:00 PM Eastern Time at least one business day prior to your pay date to guarantee a successful ADP debit from your bank account.
- Plastiq then charges your credit card the payroll amount and associated payroll taxes plus the Plastiq fee. Plastiq can support payroll payments using a Mastercard or Visa business credit card and any Discover credit card.
- Plastiq securely sends the funds via wire transfer to your ADP RUN bank account within one business day. The integration is enabled with your FEDWIRE routing information which is not the same as the ACH or paper routing number found on checks. If you don’t know your wire routing number, please contact your bank.
- ADP debits from your account and disburses payroll to your employees.
- Pay amounts and taxes are included in the amount charged to your card. Other payment types such as 401k-matching, recurring ADP fees, HSA/FSA deposits, etc, are not included and must be funded as they currently are.